Local Emergency Management Arrangements
The Rottnest Island Local Emergency Management Arrangements (LEMA) detail emergency management measures and provide specific information on planning for prevention, preparedness, response and recovery on Rottnest Island.
The arrangements help to ensure clear understanding between the Rottnest Island Authority (RIA), Hazard Management and Support Agencies, other stakeholders and the Island community.
The purpose of these arrangements is to establish:
- RIA policies for emergency management;
- Key roles and responsibilities of public authorities and other persons involved in emergency management on Rottnest Island;
- Provisions about the coordination of emergency operations and activities relating to emergency management;
- A description of emergencies that are likely to occur on Rottnest Island; Strategies and priorities for emergency management on Rottnest Island; Other matters about emergency management on Rottnest Island prescribed by the Emergency Management Regulations 2006, and;
- Other matters about emergency management on Rottnest Island that RIA considers appropriate in line with the Prevention, Preparation, Response and Recovery (PPRR) model of emergency management.