Marine Maps & Resources
Boating maps and resources to prepare for your visit
When you’re arriving by boat, planning your trip to Wadjemup / Rottnest Island is essential, so you can ensure you’re up to date with the current mooring and boating regulations, and are aware of important safety notices.There are multiple maps and guides for boat users planning a visit to the island, and you can use the interactive map or download individual resources as PDF documents below.
Find a mooring or boat pen
Locations for mooring and boat pens are marked on the Wadjemup / Rottnest Island Interactive Map, along with other useful visitor information.
View alerts, closures, and notices to mariners
Up-to-date details of Temporary Notices to Mariners, weather warnings, water closures, and upcoming events are available. Follow the links below to access current information.
Guides for boating at Wadjemup / Rottnest Island
For the safety of all visitors and the preservation of the island, there are rules and guidelines in place for boating and fishing. Download the PDF document for details and other helpful information.
Marine maps for boat users
Maps providing information about moorings and marine sanctuary zones surrounding the island are available to download below in PDF format.
- Rottnest Island Marine Reserve Map PDF 0.44 MB
- Moorings Map PDF 0.59 MB
- Fuel Jetty Boat Pens and Services PDF 0.37 MB
- Rottnest Island Fishing Guide PDF 2.95 MB
- Thomson Bay 5 Knot Zone PDF 1.86 MB
- Geordie Bay and Longreach Bay 5 Knot Zone PDF 1.96 MB
- Northwest Bays 5 Knot Zone PDF 1.92 MB
- Southwest Bays 5 Knot Zone PDF 1.95 MB
- Sanctuary Zone 1 map: Kingston Reef PDF 2.85 MB
- Sanctuary Zone 2 map: Parker Point PDF 2.36 MB
- Sanctuary Zone 3 map: Green Island PDF 1.45 MB
- Sanctuary Zone 4 map: Westend PDF 2.88 MB
- Sanctuary Zone 5 map: Armstrong PDF 1.99 MB
- Closure of Waters - Cathedral Rocks PDF 0.60 MB