Chamber of Commerce
The Rottnest Island Chamber of Commerce Inc. (RICC) represents the commercial interests of the businesses that operate on or in connection with the Island. These include the ferries, accommodation, entertainments, shops, cafes and restaurants, as well as the maintenance and supply services.
The Chamber supports the responsible development of Rottnest Island in ways that preserve the pristine beauty and the cultural heritage of the Class A Reserve for generations to come.
Originally established in 1997 as the ‘Rottnest Island Business Community’, the members voted in December 2013 to change its name to the ‘Rottnest Island Chamber of Commerce Inc.’ (aka RICC), as a better reflection of the association’s objectives
The Chamber is committed to developing a deeper engagement with decision-makers, tourism bodies and enterprises to achieve its strategic objectives. These centre on enhancing visitor experience and increasing visitor numbers, in sustainable ways, for the benefit of all.
You can download the Chambers Rules of Association here (PDF 957KB).
MembershipA voluntary, representative executive committee leads the membership of over 30 businesses.
Membership of the Association is open to all Rottnest lessees, all boat companies, barge operators, airlines landing on Rottnest and any other party deemed appropriate by the Committee. A person who wishes to become a member shall apply for membership to the Committee in writing.
Benefits of Membership
- Regular communications
- Representation to RIA and other stakeholders
- Quarterly member meetings
- Networking events, such as Rottnest After Dark
The Executive Committee
- Chairperson: Deb Carr
- Vice Chair: James Mulholland, Rottnest Fast Ferries
- Executive Member: Glenn Evans, The Lane Café, Simmo’s Rottnest
- Executive Member: Greg Brindle, Rottnest Island General Store / Geordie Bay Store / Indianic
- Executive Member: Niko Peranovic, Rottnest Express
- Executive Member: Michael Sier, Pelagic Marine Services
- Executive Member: Warwick Prendiville, Samphire Rottnest, Hotel Rottnest
- Executive Member: Belinda Hill, Segway Tours
- Executive Member: Andrew Lane, SeaLink
Deb Carr: firstname.lastname@example.org
Post: PO Box 662 Fremantle WA 6959